Hi, I deleted a repository, and then I checked the...
# help
u
Hi, I deleted a repository, and then I checked the bucket in minio, the files remained, but these files can't be previewed, then I tried to create the repository again, the action blocked by lakefs, and error as follow: failed to create repository: found lakeFS objects in the storage namespace(s3://ne/) key(_lakefs/dummy): storage namespace already in use what can I do if I want to reuse the deleted repository and the files in it?
b
Repository creation verify that the storage namespace address (underlying storage location) was not used by previous repository as delete repository will not delete the underlying storage.
You will need to delete the the underlying storage yourself.
Preview is not provided as the file doesn't hold any metadata like content type and the file name is unique identifier that is used by lakeFS as part of how versioned data is kept.
u
Thanks, maybe the files in minio bucket can be delete when we delete the related lakefs repository, the files can't be used any more
b
Currently it is not supported, can open an issue and explain the reasoning. Delete a repository content, similar to a bucket delete can be a long process and usually associated to rate limiting
👍 1
u
Thanks, got it!