hi Folks. I've been trying to run <the everything ...
# help
a
hi Folks. I've been trying to run the everything bagel docker-compose which used to work. Yet recently, after configuring lakectl against lakeFS cloud, the bagel fails on setting lakeFS without notifying about it. the lakeFS container doesn't exist on
docker ps
. I've noticed that there is a lakeCTL command in the
lakefs-setup -> && lakectl repo create <lakefs://example>
<s3://example>
any idea if the things are connected? or how to fix it?
Copy code
lakefs-setup:
  image: treeverse/lakefs:latest
  container_name: lakefs-setup
  depends_on:
    - postgres
    - minio-setup
  environment:
    - LAKEFS_AUTH_ENCRYPT_SECRET_KEY=some random secret string
    - LAKEFS_DATABASE_CONNECTION_STRING=<postgres://lakefs:lakefs@postgres/postgres?sslmode=disable>
    - LAKECTL_CREDENTIALS_ACCESS_KEY_ID=AKIAIOSFODNN7EXAMPLE
    - LAKECTL_CREDENTIALS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY=wJalrXUtnFEMI/K7MDENG/bPxRfiCYEXAMPLEKEY
    - LAKECTL_SERVER_ENDPOINT_URL=<http://lakefs:8000>
    - LAKEFS_BLOCKSTORE_TYPE=s3
  entrypoint: ["/app/wait-for", "postgres:5432", "--", "sh", "-c",
    "lakefs setup --user-name docker --access-key-id AKIAIOSFODNN7EXAMPLE --secret-access-key wJalrXUtnFEMI/K7MDENG/bPxRfiCYEXAMPLEKEY && lakectl repo create <lakefs://example> <s3://example>"
    ]
b
1. if something stopped working on docker compose bagel please open an issue with more information we can fix it. 2. The lakectl you try to access the cloud is inside the docker compose? why? 3. The above setup and repo create is relavant to the docker compose - it is what we setup on docker compose up.
n
@Adi Polak which version are you using? it looks like a very old docker file
a
thanks. 1. I was troubleshooting to try understand what happened first. now I understand that the local configured
lakectl
might not be the case. 2. lakectl is configured on my machine under bash configuration. 3. I am using this compose under the project
deployment
b
Your local copy and configuration of lakectl is not configured to work with lakefs.cloud ?
a
ok. too many open source repositories... it was indeed an outdated version. I was on the
main
branch and not
master
🤦‍♀️ Now everything works. thanks @Niro and @Barak Amar!