Re OIDC - it says that the feature is deprecated i...
# help
m
Re OIDC - it says that the feature is deprecated in this part of the docs, but not in this part. I assume the first part is valid based on the update. What authentication options will be supported in the future releases? Thanks!
i
Hey @Matija Teršek, the first part is indeed correct. lakeFS has a built-in authentication mechanism. I believe that we'll also provide options to run some sort of a side container that will handle the OIDC part. I'll get back to you with the details of the 2nd part early next week.
🙏 2
m
Thanks, looking forward!
👍 1
g
I’d also like to hear more about this.
👍 1
i
Hey @Matija Teršek & @Greg Linklater, we don’t have a complete documentation yet but we’re working on it. I can say that lakeFS will have 2 authentication options: 1. The built in one. 2. An option relying on a remote authenticator that the users will provide. Feel free to follow the documentation PR and drop comments for the 2nd option.
👍 1
m
Thanks, will be giving this a look. A question regarding SOC2 @Itai Admi, I noticed it's only covered in the Cloud solution. Besides authentication, is there something not complying with the SOC2 in the open-source version?
g
Hi @Matija Teršek, our cloud solution is SOC2 complaint, you can provide a SOC2 compatible environment with lakeFS OSS as it is today, it relies on the way you implement lakeFS in your environment