Hey all, I think we’ve found a bug in the UI after...
# help
t
Hey all, I think we’ve found a bug in the UI after upgrading, running
. When trying to add policies to group or users, as well as users to groups, the searching doesn’t work nor can you scroll the pop up. In the meantime we can use the rest apis but wanted to let you know in case it’s not just in our environments
a
Hi @Thomas Vander Wal, Disappointing 😞 . Let me try to reproduce. (I'll open a bug, but it's easier if I can reproduce...).
I can sort-of reproduce (but trying on a different version...): 1. There is no scroll. 2. I can search the list, but only by case-sensitive prefix (e.g. "FS" shows completions). Could you verify (2), please?
Oh wow, I see that there is no search on HEAD. Opening a 🐛 bug. Sorry about that.
t
Thanks Ariel! Though as far as verifying 2 I’m seeing the search results not actually update, and looking at the network tab it seems like the API call isn’t updating as expected. Working on scrubbing an example now and will post it here.
Copy code
​❯ curl -u "user:pass" <https://lakefs.domain.com/api/v1/auth/users\?prefix\=pete\&after\=\&amount\=5> | jq
 % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100   434  100   434    0     0   1432      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  1491
{
 "pagination": {
   "has_more": true,
   "max_per_page": 0,
   "next_offset": "users/benjamin",
   "results": 5
 },
 "results": [
   {
     "creation_date": 1659552400,
     "email": "",
     "id": "aaron"
   },
   {
     "creation_date": 1651008134,
     "id": "andrew"
   },
   {
     "creation_date": 1659552735,
     "id": "andronik"
   },
   {
     "creation_date": 1649192282,
     "id": "benjamin.d"
   },
   {
     "creation_date": 1664219536,
     "id": "benjamin.j"
   }
 ]
}
We’re seeing this in both our environments, but it looks like the call always returns the first 5 users and is ignoring that prefix query parameter
a
Thanks! This is https://github.com/treeverse/lakeFS/issues/4348. We will start on it tomorrow (our..., so 2022-10-10 timezone UTC+3) morning. I should have at least an update for you later that day.
heart lakefs 1
t
Thank you!
a
Thanks for the great analysis with
curl
! May I add it to the bug please?
Attaching just this:
We’re seeing this in both our environments, but it looks like the call always returns the first 5 users and is ignoring that prefix query parameter
which definitely has no information that might not belong on GitHub. THANKS!
🙌 1
Thanks for finding this, your analysis was (of course) spot-on! The PR fixing this is in review.
t
No problem, I’m happy to help. I appreciate you all being so responsive!
a
Hi @Thomas Vander Wal, Just a quick note that we just released a fix as part of https://lakefs.slack.com/archives/C017S6YFFSP/p1665596726271519.
🙌 1
heart lakefs 1
t
Thank you! Confirmed working on our environments now 🙂