<@U044SHXDRN1>, I’m reposting <this> here, since I...
# help
i
@esspee, I’m reposting this here, since I think it is the right place.
y
Hey @esspee, sorry, missed your message. lakeFS on GCS requires a postgresql database. Do you have one in place?
If you deploy lakeFS with the Helm chart, it should spin up postgres in a container so you can easily get started (not suitable for production)
e
Thanks. I’ve used the helm charts and I get the above error. Should the lakeconfig element be added to the values.yaml? If yes then a lot of the postgres config is skipped in the deployment. yaml. This is the confusing part
y
Are you using a custom values file? If so, can you please share it?
e
No basically I’ve just added the lakeconfig properties into the values. Yaml. By doing this it seems also of Postgres config is not run. So that’s the confusion. Should the lakeconfig properties be added to values. yaml?
y
@esspee, can you please share the final values.yaml file you're using? (Make sure to omit any sensitive information)
Specifically, note that the postgres connection string should be specified separately from the lakefsConfig property. The reason for this is that it is sensitive. From the docs:
Copy code
secrets:
    # replace DATABASE_CONNECTION_STRING with the connection string of the database you created in a previous step.
    # e.g.: <postgres://postgres:myPassword@localhost/postgres:5432|postgres://postgres:myPassword@localhost/postgres:5432>
    databaseConnectionString: [DATABASE_CONNECTION_STRING]
    # replace this with a randomly-generated string
    authEncryptSecretKey: [ENCRYPTION_SECRET_KEY]
lakefsConfig: |
    blockstore:
      type: gs
    # Uncomment the following lines to give lakeFS access to your buckets using a service account:
    # gs:
    #   credentials_json: [YOUR SERVICE ACCOUNT JSON STRING]
@esspee, thank you. Since you're using "localhost" as the database host, I'm assuming you expect lakeFS to spin a database in a container for you - for learning purposes. Am I right in assuming that?
e
Yep that’s right. Only for learning to start with
👍🏻 1
y
If that is the case, you should explicitly force the chart to spin up the database by adding the property:
Copy code
localPostgres: true
You should also remove the
databaseConnectionString
property.
e
Add the property in values.yaml?
y
Yes.
e
Sorry also to remove the whole secrets element in values?
y
Only remove the databaseConnectionString property.
e
I need to further it’s broken further after doing that
y
Are you running into further problems?
e
Yep pod resources issues. Must specify limits cpu, memory etc
y
In order for me to assist, can you share the error you're facing in textual format?