hi. how to use the latest lakectl . i want to clon...
# help
u
hi. how to use the latest lakectl . i want to clone the files to my local. while it doesnot get it .
Copy code
lakectl local init <lakefs://datasetest/test1/> E:\WorkProjects\data

lakectl local list
+-----------+------------+---------------+
| DIRECTORY | REMOTE URI | SYNCED COMMIT |

D:\Develops\lakefs\lakeFS_0.107.0_Windows_x86_64>lakectl local clone <lakefs://datasetest/test1/> E:\lakedata
EOF
Error executing command.
n
Hi @暗号, Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues. We will look into it and try to understand what happened. In the meantime - can I request 2 things from you: 1. If possible - can you open an issue on this in github 2. Can you try executing the clone and provide a directory name Also please note that you've init-ed the path:
E:\WorkProjects\data
while I assume you were trying to list linked directories in the path
D:\Develops\lakefs\lakeFS_0.107.0_Windows_x86_64
u
Yes, I'm using version 107. I have executed the mapping between the lakefs directory and my local directory, but when executing the lakectl local list command. The result is still empty
n
List provides you with information about the locally synced directories and their corresponding paths in lakefs - it does not list the data itself. When you perform list without providing a directory it will try to find all linked directories under the current working directory. Since you performed list on
D:\Develops\lakefs\lakeFS_0.107.0_Windows_x86_64
you got an empty result as expected since you init-ed the directory
E:\WorkProjects\data
. If you ran
lakectl local list E:\WorkProjects
it should show you all the linked directories under that path including the data directory. Regarding the clone failure - I've verified we indeed have an issue with lakectl and Windows that needs to be resolved.
Can you tell me how you are running your lakeFS? Is this a local installation?
u
thank u very much. yes. I am running my lakeFs on my server
May i ask that ,how long could this cloning failure problem be solved
n
Hi @暗号 I took the liberty and opened this issue You can track the progress there - I believe we'll have it fixed by the end of next week
u
@Niro Thanks. I got it.
n
Hi @暗号 , We've just released a new lakeFS version that should fix the issues you were experiencing. Would love to get your feedback on it, and if you encounter any additional issues - please let us know.