Hi guys, I am going to deploy Lakefs in AWS. pleas...
# help
m
Hi guys, I am going to deploy Lakefs in AWS. please help
h
m
I have read it already, I am facing with some issues while replacing values in helm chart @HT
h
then you should start describing your issue
m
About Postgres, I got this issue:
Copy code
time="2023-08-17T09:06:01Z" level=fatal msg="Failed to open KV store" func=cmd/lakefs/cmd.glob..func8 file="cmd/run.go:102" error="connect failed: context canceled"
Copy code
secrets:
  authEncryptSecretKey: mQhmcjvUrPDAdcMupOw6ds/jFI6BbvKO8f+zEBjjVS4=
  databaseConnectionString: <postgres://username:password@aws-rds-db.c7qjhydaqh3z.us-west-2.rds.amazonaws.com:5432/dbname>

lakefsConfig: |
  database:
    type: postgres
Here is my config
g
Hi @Mẫn Phạm We’re looking into it, In the meantime can you please provide the complete log?
m
Here you are @Guy Hardonag
g
Are you able to connect to your RDS from your cluster (e.g using psql)?
m
Yes @Guy Hardonag
g
I tried to reproduce with you configuration (just with my database) and didn’t have any trouble Can you please do the following, just to double check you have connectivity from the pod lakeFS is running on 1. change your config file to run on a local database (just for this specific check )
Copy code
secrets:
  authEncryptSecretKey: mQhmcjvUrPDAdcMupOw6ds/jFI6BbvKO8f+zEBjjVS4=
  databaseConnectionString: <postgres://username:password@aws-rds-db.c7qjhydaqh3z.us-west-2.rds.amazonaws.com:5432/dbname>

lakefsConfig: |
  database:
    type: local
2. run
curl <http://aws-rds-db.c7qjhydaqh3z.us-west-2.rds.amazonaws.com:5432|aws-rds-db.c7qjhydaqh3z.us-west-2.rds.amazonaws.com:5432>
If you have connectivity the command should result with
curl: (52) Empty reply from server
❤️ 1
m
Thanks for your super kindness, i will do and feedback to you later.
🙏 1
I realize that my connection string is Mysql which has port: 3306 instead of 5432
Is it the case ? @Guy Hardonag
g
Sounds like this is the case, you should connect to a Postgres with the correct port
m
Hi @Guy Hardonag, I successfully set up the postgres, could you help me on the blockstore using S3
time="2023-08-24T03:09:00Z" level=warning msg="Failed to to get AWS account ID for BI" func="pkg/cloud/aws.(*MetadataProvider).GetMetadata" file="build/pkg/cloud/aws/metadata.go:64" error="RequestError: send request failed\ncaused by: Post \"<s3://knx-data-versioning/>\": unsupported protocol scheme \"s3\""
g
This
Warning
shouldn’t affect lakeFS functionality, can you please provide more information? are there any other logs? is lakeFS running?
m
It run well. Thanks @Guy Hardonag