Hi :wave: is there a way to validate a LakeFS acti...
# help
t
Hi 👋 is there a way to validate a LakeFS action file using the python SDK? I know there is a way to do that using the lakectl but I’m wondering if there is a similar method using the SDK
g
Hi @Taha Sadiki The Python SDK is generated from our API The lakectl command is a client side command running locally to help you validate the structure of your YAML. currently this is not supported server side or in the python client
If you need this functionality please open an issue and we will look into it. If you want, I can open the issue as well
t
got it! thanks! not sure yet if it’s worth opening an issue for it. the use case I’m thinking of is as follows: We want to put the lakefs actions configurations in source control, and as part of the CI/CD pipeline we want to 1) validate the lakefs actions files then 2) upload and commit them to lakefs
so I’m looking for the different ways I can implement the validation step.
The documentation mentions that I can run lakectl from a docker container, which could work for my use case. But it’s not clear form the documentation which docker image to use?! is that something you provide?
g
Yes we provide a docker image for lakectl https://hub.docker.com/r/treeverse/lakectl That should work for you
t
awesome! 🙌