Hi all, We are looking into lakeFS a possible tool...
# help
s
Hi all, We are looking into lakeFS a possible tool for data versioning in our internal platform. Currently as I understand , we need to create the initial credentials manually by using the UI. https://docs.lakefs.io/quickstart/launch.html Is there a way to automate this process? We are deploying lakeFS in a EKS clusters, with helm. I don't think helm has the option to specify an initial user/credentials
l
Hi @Sumit Sah and welcome! Are you looking for a way to initialize lakeFS without the UI? Or something more than that?
a
This is one way:
Copy code
lakefs setup --user-name admin --access-key-id "$LAKECTL_CREDENTIALS_ACCESS_KEY_ID" --secret-access-key "$LAKECTL_CREDENTIALS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY"
You can use environment variables or set the access key directly.
s
Hi @Lynn Rozen, yes I am looking to initialise lakeFS without the UI using helm, since we deploy applications in an automated way
when would like run those commands? given it doesn't seem like that those variables can be set with helm
g
Hi @Sumit Sah, currently the chart doesn’t support this, which means you will need to trigger some job that will do this after lakeFS is up for the first time. Let me check if there is any simple way to do this and get back to you tomorrow. I do understand the request though, if you like you can open an issue in our charts repository and we will look into it, if you prefer I can open the issue as well.
sunglasses lakefs 1
s
Hi @Guy Hardonag, thanks for looking into it. I can create the issue if you haven't already
g
That would be great, thanks!
s
l
Thank you, we'll update on this later.