Hello, there.. I was assigned with the issue#5605 ...
# help
m
Hello, there.. I was assigned with the issue#5605 and wanted some help about it..
o
hey @Mohammad Umair what kind of help do you need?
m
Thanks for the reply...I am new to open source ..The issue is: Remove unused code from MetaRangeManager #5605 How can i get started? Can you help with that I have to make this contribution please
o
See our contribution guide to get started: https://docs.lakefs.io/contributing
Anything in specific you'd like to know?
m
I have searched the keyword 'metarangeManager' and In lakeFS/blob/HEAD/pkg/graveler/committed/manager_test.go Found this code that is commented and unused at line no: 96 to 102.
Do i have to remove this and make a PR?? Please guide me (Sorry for inconvenience I am new)
i
HI @Mohammad Umair - Feel free to follow these steps: https://docs.lakefs.io/contributing#before-creating-a-pull-request to create A PR with your changes.
m
@Iddo Avneri can you please guide me on this?
i
I’m referring to this section: 1. Review this document in full. 2. Make sure there’s an open issue on GitHub that this pull request addresses, and that it isn’t labeled
x/wontfix
. 3. Fork the lakeFS repository. 4. If you’re adding new functionality, create a new branch named
feature/<DESCRIPTIVE NAME>
. 5. If you’re fixing a bug, create a new branch named
fix/<DESCRIPTIVE NAME>-<ISSUE NUMBER>
I think you are in step 3.
m
Yes Before making a PR i needed somr help
i
Which step do you need help with?
If the question is about what you need to do in the code in order to address the issue. I suggest having that conversation directly on gitHub
m
Finding the File I need to remove unused code from....I have searched the keyword 'metarangeManager' and In lakeFS/blob/HEAD/pkg/graveler/committed/manager_test.go Found this code that is commented and unused at line no: 96 to 102.
i
I see. I think that is an implementation question of how to address this issue.
m
Yes
i
I suggest having that discussion directly on the issue.
m
Ok thanks will do...The opener of the issue sent me to slack to seek help if i wanted
i
OK. THank you.
I’ll ping Itay as well to address when he is back in the office.
Appreciate your help on this!
m
Thanks
i
Thank YOU
👍 1
n
@Mohammad Umair Hi - just wanted to make sure you have everything you need to work on the issue. If you have any questions please let us know!